With this post I venture into the blogosphere, in terms of participation and connections rather than content. Thank you for indulging me. And thank you to Extreme Mom for including me on her list of nominees for a Liebster Blog Award. This “award” is for bloggers with less than 200 followers who will keep the ball rolling by selecting further nominees. “Receiving” the award also entails answering a few questions posted by the nominee-er, which for me were the following:
1. If you had to be an Old Maid card, which one would it be? (Make something up, like… Valerie Vodka or Shopaholic Shannon)
I’ve never played Old Maid! But maybe my blog name would do it, Mucho Monisia. At least the alliteration’s there.
2. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done? Just ONE please.
Fallen for a trick in The Onion’s Atlas of the World—on the page about Poland, the first instruction is to turn the book around 360 degrees…
3. If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be?
A city on the coast with mountains in the background.
4. What was your favorite childhood toy?
A giant, blue, bouncing ball with handles that I hopped around on more than I walked during the year I was 7. Something like this.
5. Are you a dog or cat person?
I spent my senior externship in high school cleaning out cat cages at the SPCA. So, I’m a dog person.
6. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be? Why?
The Weasley twins. I know that’s technically two, but since they are identical, they were once one. I’ve always said I would love to be their friend.
7. What three words best describe your blog?
Vignette, thoughtsicle, and memories.
8. Name something currently on your ‘bucket list’
I call it my Life To Do List. One thing I need to do, apparently, is knit a pair of socks.
9. Who’s your favorite author?
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
10. Describe your strangest dream.
By choosing to interpret dream as “a cherished aspiration” rather than “a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep”, I can answer: to cross-breed fruits until I can eat apple-sized raspberries.
11. An interesting fact about you…
I have trouble distinguishing mimosas from samosas.
My three questions for them, should they choose to accept the nomination and pay it forward, are:
1. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be (disregarding the need for nutrition)?
2. If you weren’t scared, what would you do, right now?
3. Vanilla or chocolate?